Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Source: South Idaho Press, Tuesday, February 20, 2007
- Typed by: Susan Godfrey
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 1 lb Bryan Smoked sausage, any variety, cut into ⅓-inch rounds
- 1 lb Bryan Sweet Hickory smoked bacon, each slice cut into 3 pieces
- Combine preserves, water, lime juice, soy sauce, mustard and pepper flakes in a blender or food processor.
- Puree until ingredients are blended and mixture is smooth.
- Pour sauce into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- (sauce can be made 5 days in advance).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with sides with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Wrap each sausage round with a slice of bacon; secure with a wooden pick and set on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until bacon is brown and crisp, about 20 to 25 minutes per side.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, transfer bacon-wrapped sausage coins to paper towel-lined plate to drain excess fat.
- Spoon sausage into a small bowl and set in center of large serving platter.
- Arrange wrapped sausage coins around sauce bowl.
- Serve immediately.