Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Dated 1941. This is a very good recipe. I made it about once a month and it never gets old.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 thin slices bacon, each cut in half
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together except bacon.
- Shape the mixture into 6 small loaves.
- Crisscross 2 of the half slices of bacon across each loaf tucking the ends under each loaf.
- Place loaves on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.