Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I like to have this sometimes on Sunday for brunch when I want something a little eggy/cheesy. Usually I serve it with a light crisp green salad with some sort of vinaigrette. Other times, usually in summer, I will cut up some fresh fruit, like cantaloupe and pieces of watermelon and strawberries and serve with. It makes a nice light meal. This particular recipe is from Barbara Jones.
- 1 x 9 inch unbaked deep dish pie shell
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Rub softened butter on the inside surface of pie shell.
- Drain spinach; squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Place spinach in pie shell and top with crumbled bacon.
- Whisk together cream, eggs, cheese, salt, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake quiche at 425°F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 325°F and bake for an additional 35 – 40 minutes or until quiche is set.