A fair combination of real bacon and mashed potatoes is made with real cheese and eaten as a side dish. You can make the mashed potatoes tangier with the Italian seasoning, as it simply keeps a red-hot, golden aroma with the vegetables.
- 20 lbs. potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 8 cups ranch salad dressing
- 5 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 9 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. salt, iodized or rock only
- 5 tsp. pepper, black only
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning, optional
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons cheese sauce, if desired for drizzling
- Cover potatoes with water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce to medium heat.
- Cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes. Add ranch dressing, bacon, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning (optional).
- Beat until fluffy. Mix with cheese.
- Serve hot and plain or with other vegetables, side dishes, or main dishes. Drizzle with the cheese sauce, if desired.