- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 T. cold water
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tsp Sugar
- dash salt
- 1 T. vanilla
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water; stir well to dissolve.
- Add boiling water and cook over med. heat until thick. Set aside until ice cold.
- Have egg whites at room temperature.
- Beat; gradually add Sugar and slat, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla.
- Beat in cold cornstarch mixture.
- Top pie and bake as directed.
- Do not refrigerate, as this will changethe texture of the meringue.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.