Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 lb. of salt cod (most times found in little wooden boxes)
- 5 to 6 large potatoes
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 green peppers, sliced into slivers
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- black olives, those sliced ones are real good
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped fine if fresh
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar or the juice of one lemon
- Soak cod fish overnight.
- Boil the cod fish the next day in unsalted water for 15 minutes.
- Flake fish and set aside.
- Boil potatoes, slice and set aside.
- Slice onion, peppers, crush garlic and sauté in olive oil.
- In large casserole add a layer as follows, potatoes, then fish, sliced hard-eggs, onion, peppers, garlic.
- Sprinkle olives and parsley.
- Pour olive oil over the entire casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for a ½ hour in a 3 qt. casserole dish.