Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salt cod Basque-style
- Soak the fish for 12 hours, changing water every 6 hours.
- Remove from water and wipe well.
- Bring plenty of water to a boil and put in the fish for one minute to remove any residual bleach.
- Remove the cod, and cut into 4 pieces.
- Dredge the pieces in flour.
- In a pot (clay is best) put the oil, then the cod. The oil should cover the cod.
- Begin frying the fish, then add the garlic, peeled and cut into large pieces.
- When the garlic is golden, remove from the heat.
- Serve the cod with a little oil and garlic.