Salt cod Basque-style
- Soak the fish for 12 hours, changing water every 6 hours.
- Remove from water and wipe well.
- Bring plenty of water to a boil and put in the fish for one minute to remove any residual bleach.
- Remove the cod, and cut into 4 pieces.
- Dredge the pieces in flour.
- In a pot (clay is best) put the oil, then the cod. The oil should cover the cod.
- Begin frying the fish, then add the garlic, peeled and cut into large pieces.
- When the garlic is golden, remove from the heat.
- Serve the cod with a little oil and garlic.