Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 3 cups
- 3 large eggplant
- ¾ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced or pressed garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- garnish with one of the following, if desired:
- Broil or barbecue the eggplants, turning often, until the skin is blackened and blistered, about 20 minutes. Let them cool for about 10 minutes and then peel the skin from the eggplant.
- Or bake the eggplants in a 350°F oven for about 45 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minutes, then cut the eggplant lengthwise and scoop out the meat.
- Puree the eggplant and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish, if desired.
- Serve with pita bread wedges, radishes and green onions.