Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Baba Ghannouj, Eggplant with Sesame Paste
- 2 large Eggplants, about 1 kg (32 oz)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (optional)
- ¼ cup sesame seed paste
- 3 cloves garlic crushed with ½ tbls salt (optional)
- 1 tspn white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- Grill Eggplants on high heat for 15 minutes after piercing them by a fork on all sides, turning frequently.
- When tender, wash under running water then peel off skin while hot and remove “stem.
- Pound to a purée (use a food processor, if available).
- Blend in sesame paste, lemon juice, and vinegar.
- When mixture is consistent, add garlic and beat mixture well. If thick, adjust by lemon juice and water.
- Serve it garnished with Parsley, red pepper and olive oil.