Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 medium-to-small eggplants
- juice from one good sized lemon
- ½ cup of tahini
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- ½ cup of finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup of finely minced scallions
- lots of black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cut off the stem ends of the Eggplants and prick the Eggplants all over with a fork.
- Place them directly on an oven rack and let them roast until they are sagging, wrinkled, crumpled, and totally soft.
- Remove them gingerly from the oven and wait until they are cool enough to handle.
- Scoop out their insides and squeeze out the water (this removes the bitterness). Mash well.
- Combine with all other ingredients except the olive oil.
- Chill the ganouj completely and drizzle the oil over the top just before serving.