Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Date crumble. An Arab favourite, this dish is from the UAE and is served regularly with gah-wa (Arabian coffee).
- 4 cups wheat flour
- 2¾ cups she - ripe sticky dates
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1¼ cups toasted sesame seeds
- ¾ cup samen
- Brown the flour in a skillet, stirring to avoid burning.
- Stone the dates and pull them apart with your hand.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the cardamom and sesame seeds over.
- Gradually add the samen (oil) and browned flour, a little at a time, working the ingredients in with the fingertips.
- When all is well blended, the mixture should resemble large biscuit crumbs.
- Store in an airtight container and serve on a fou-alla.
- The mixture will keep for a week.