Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Make these snacks when cucumbers are plentiful and large enough to easily hollow out with a spoon. You may make these up to 12 hours ahead of time and chill until serving.
- Contributed by Anita at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Cooking Magazine
- 3 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup finely chopped lettuce and baby spinach
- 1½ tablespoons non-fat mayonnaise
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large cucumber
- minced parsley or green onion
- Combine bacon, tomato and greens with mayonnaise.
- Season with pepper; set aside.
- Peel cucumber.
- Trim off ends, and slice in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out seeds; discard.
- Place cucumber in a glass dish.
- Divide blt mixture between segments, mounding in hollowed areas.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley or green onion, if desired.
- Slice into 2-inch pieces.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 26 (50% of calories from fat) | Total Fat 2g | Protein 2g | Carbohydrate 2g | Cholesterol 3mg | Sodium 72mg | Dietary Fiber <1g | Saturated Fat <1g
- Dietary exchanges: Free