Make these snacks when cucumbers are plentiful and large enough to easily hollow out with a spoon. You may make these up to 12 hours ahead of time and chill until serving.
- Contributed by Anita at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Cooking Magazine
- 3 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup finely chopped lettuce and baby spinach
- 1½ tablespoons non-fat mayonnaise
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large cucumber
- minced parsley or green onion
- Combine bacon, tomato and greens with mayonnaise.
- Season with pepper; set aside.
- Peel cucumber.
- Trim off ends, and slice in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out seeds; discard.
- Place cucumber in a glass dish.
- Divide blt mixture between segments, mounding in hollowed areas.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley or green onion, if desired.
- Slice into 2-inch pieces.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 26 (50% of calories from fat) | Total Fat 2g | Protein 2g | Carbohydrate 2g | Cholesterol 3mg | Sodium 72mg | Dietary Fiber <1g | Saturated Fat <1g
- Dietary exchanges: Free