Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep time: 1½ to 2 hours (most of time is in cooking)
- 1¼ lbs raw seitan (1 box seitan quick mix)
- ¼ cup oil for frying
- 3 strips kombu sea vegetable (2 to 3 strips about 12 inches)
- 1½ cups B-B-Q sauce of choice
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and fry seitan pieces for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Soak kombu until soft, then cut into sixteen pieces.
- Line bottom of 9-inch baking dish with half the kombu.
- Place a piece of fried seitan on each piece of kombu, overlapping if necessary, to make an even layer.
- Place remaining pieces of kombu on top of each piece of seitan.
- Pour B-B-Q sauce on top, then spread with a spoon to cover surfaces.
- Gently add enough water so that the seitan pieces are almost floating.
- Cover and bake at 350°F.
- For one hour.
- Add more water if necessary to keep seitan very moist.