Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I found this recipe in Consumer Reports last year. It's really good. One of the readers uses all dark molasses, more cayenne, orange zest instead of marmalade, and no liquid smoke for his. I've tried it both ways and changed it to suit my taste at the time of making it. Yields about 2 cups of sauce and takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (2 – 3 cloves)
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 x 6-oz can tomato paste
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- ¼ cup light molasses
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp celery seed
- ¼ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke
- In a medium- sized saucepan, combine all ingredients except the liquid smoke.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add liquid smoke. Stir.