Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe reprinted with permission from ZESPRI kiwifruit
- 6 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut in chunks
- 500 grams (1 lb) king prawns
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- finely grated zest rind of lemon
- 1 tbsp basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- couscous to serve (optional)
- Peel the prawns, leaving their tails on.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sesame oil, lemon zest, herbs, soy sauce and seasonings. Add the prawns. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the grill or barbecue.
- Thread prawns and kiwi fruit onto skewers. Brush the kiwi with a little extra oil.
- Place the kebabs on the grill or barbecue and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until the prawns are just cooked.
- Serve hot on a bed of couscous.