Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Love this simple but delicious noodle soup on a cold wet rainy day. Great meal in one. Total comfort food.
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 red chilies, seeded and halved
- 8 slices ginger or galangal
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice (use the big lime)
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 2 sprigs coriander
- 1 Chinese barbecued duck, deboned and chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 150 g dried ramen noodles
- bean sprouts, to garnish
- red chili, to garnish
- coriander, to garnish (cilantro)
- 3 bunches bok choy (optional)
- white pepper
- Combine stock and water into saucepan and heat till liquid is simmering.
- Add, galangal, chillies and lime juice to saucepan.
- Bruise lemon grass and coriander (to release flavour), and add to saucepan.
- Simmer liquid for 20 minutes.
- Strain liquid, and return to saucepan.
- Heat liquid with duck and shallots.
- Boil ramen noodles in separate saucepan for 3–5 minutes or till tender.
- Drain noodles.
- Add noodles and bok choy (optional the bok choy) to soup stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup to serving bowls, garnishing with bean sprouts, chilli strips and coriander.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (i don't think it's needed).
- Enjoy hot.