Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings.
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. celery seeds
- 1 tbsp. + ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 8 oz. bag shredded red cabbage
- 8 oz. bag shredded carrots
- 2 large pears, cut in thin strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or (4 chicken drumsticks)
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Blend mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, sugar, ½ tsp. salt, celery seeds, and 1 tbsp. BBQ sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix cabbage, carrots, and pears.
- Top with mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Heat an oven to 450 °F degrees. Place chicken breasts (or chicken drumsticks) on a rack over a baking sheet.
- Remove 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce to a bowl, brush each breast with the remaining barbecue sauce, then sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and spoon reserved BBQ sauce over chicken breasts. Serve hot.