Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This simple-to-make meal is a nice change from the usual camping or grill food.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 37 Minutes
- Serves: 4 Person(s)
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 2 small unpeeled red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place a foil sheet, approximately 12 x 12 inches, on a work surface.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the barbecue sauce in the center of the foil sheet.
- Place one chicken breast half over barbecue sauce and spread another teaspoon of sauce over chicken.
- Top with a quarter of the potato, bell pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle with a little of the salt and pepper.
- Fold foil in half to cover contents; make narrow folds along edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to assemble three more packets.
- Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Open foil packets with scissors and carefully pull back edges (contents may be very hot).
- Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the top of each chicken breast half and return to oven, unsealed, for 2minutes or until cheese is melted.
- With a spatula, transfer the contents of each packet onto individual serving plates, if desired.
For camping or outdoor grill Edit
- Pre-heat charcoal or grill and place packets on grill.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 286 | Kilojoules: 1,197 kJ | Fat: 4.8 g | Carbohydrates: 19.0 g | Protein: 40.0 g | Cholesterol: 77.0 Mg | Sodium: 753 Mg | Saturated Fat: 2.3 g | Fiber: 2.4 g | Calcium: 207.0 Mg | Total Sugars: 3.0 g