This simple-to-make meal is a nice change from the usual camping or grill food.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 37 Minutes
- Serves: 4 Person(s)
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 2 small unpeeled red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place a foil sheet, approximately 12 x 12 inches, on a work surface.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the barbecue sauce in the center of the foil sheet.
- Place one chicken breast half over barbecue sauce and spread another teaspoon of sauce over chicken.
- Top with a quarter of the potato, bell pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle with a little of the salt and pepper.
- Fold foil in half to cover contents; make narrow folds along edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to assemble three more packets.
- Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Open foil packets with scissors and carefully pull back edges (contents may be very hot).
- Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the top of each chicken breast half and return to oven, unsealed, for 2minutes or until cheese is melted.
- With a spatula, transfer the contents of each packet onto individual serving plates, if desired.
For camping or outdoor grill Edit
- Pre-heat charcoal or grill and place packets on grill.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 286 | Kilojoules: 1,197 kJ | Fat: 4.8 g | Carbohydrates: 19.0 g | Protein: 40.0 g | Cholesterol: 77.0 Mg | Sodium: 753 Mg | Saturated Fat: 2.3 g | Fiber: 2.4 g | Calcium: 207.0 Mg | Total Sugars: 3.0 g