- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet in a single layer and toast in the oven for about 5 minutes, watching for any sign of burning and regulate the heat accordingly.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy 1½- to 2-quart casserole set over moderate heat.
- Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until the rice turns somewhat white and opaque.
- Stir in the sesame seeds, then pour in the chicken stock, ginger, salt and a few grindings of black pepper.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil, then cover the casserole tightly and bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the liquid has all been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Sprinkle the reserved almonds over the rice and serve at once.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.