Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fresh fruit is a welcome addition to any festive table. This blend of Vata pacifying fruit and spices works perfectly as a colorful side dish or appetizer.
- Serves 6-8
- 6 cups prepared mixed fresh fruit (For the Vata season, choose from such Vata pacifying fruits as strawberries, pineapple, mangoes, papaya, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, watermelon and oranges; choose firm fruit and prepare bite-sized pieces)
For the Dressing Edit
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons Vata Churna
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered brown sugar
For the Garnish Edit
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts etc.)
- 1 small sprig of fresh mint, washed
- Place the prepared fruit in a large salad bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, heat ghee in a small pan. Saute the Vata Churna in the ghee until the spices release their aroma. Remove promptly from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in the other ingredients until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss gently until evenly coated with the dressing. Garnish with the chopped nuts and mint. Serve immediately.