Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bivins Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1990. Tried and true. This is fabulous. I make it at least once a month for my neighbor who is a die hard chocolate fanatic.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs beaten well
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put cocoa, butter and water in a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs then add buttermilk, sugar and vanilla while beating.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add everything to large pan with cocoa mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a sheet cake pan and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- For icing beat and soften butter then slowly add remaining ingredients.
- Add nuts and put icing on cake.