You can use your own imagination for fillings and toppings for this basic idea
- 2 California avocados
- 2 beaten eggs
- ground raw macadamia nuts to coat oil for frying
- 8 large Mushrooms
- 1 medium Onion finely sliced
- finely sliced sour cream to garnish or
- 1 ½ Cups grated Cheese
- 4 slices Ham, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped or
- 2 tomatoes, diced, or cherry tomatoes
- 4 Shallots, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125g cream cheese, finely diced
Cut avocados in half, remove seeds and carefully peel away skin.
Fry in shallow oil on both sides until golden brown.
Mix all ingredients together and pile into avodamia nest.
Bake in a very hot oven until filling is heated through.
Note: If the last filling is used, don't brown the avodamia nest quite as much to allow for browning in the oven.