This makes a marvelous "starter". or appetizer.
- 2 ripe California avocados, halved and "fan" sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 each slices of stilton cheese, approx. ¼" thick
- 4 ramekins or glass pyrex dishes.
- Sauté the mushrooms, and divide into the 4 dishes.
- Place a slice of the stilton on each portion of mushrooms.
- Top each piece of stilton with the half of a California avocado, fan sliced.
- Brush the California avocado with the melted butter.
- Microwave only until the stilton has begun to melt, approx. 45–60 seconds.