Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Avocado stuffed with seafood. Perfect dainty!
- Yield: 8 portions
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp mace
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 lb crabmeat or lobster meat
- ½ lb shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- lettuce leaves
- 4 avocados, halved, peeled
- 32 grapefruit sections
- 32 strips of pimento
- 16 sprigs chicory
- 32 black olives
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 24 or 32 capers
- 16 carrot curls
- In a 1-quart bowl, blend lemon juice, white wine, curry powder, and mace.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Mix in crabmeat or lobster meat, and shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- Marinate the seafood slightly with a little of the dressing immediately before serving.
- Use only enough dressing to blend.
- Arrange lettuce leaves to form cups on plates.
- Place avocado halves, peeled, in center of cup.
- Fill lightly with seafood blended with dressing.
- Arrange grapefruit sections at side of plate.
- Place 1 strip of pimento across grapefruit.
- Place 2 sprigs chicory, one at each end of grapefruit.
- Top with 1 black olive.
- Garnish with ½ hard boiled egg.
- Top with: 3 or 4 capers and 2 carrot curls, one at each side.