This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gibson Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 small head lettuce washed and chilled
- 1 ripe small avocado
- ½ cup bottled creamy Italian salad dressing
- In a bowl tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Cut avocado lengthwise in half and remove pit then peel and slice crosswise into bowl.
- Pour salad dressing over lettuce and toss.
- Divide amongst individual salad bowls and serve.