Try this variation of a Mexican favorite.
- Entertain the Fruit and Veggie Way by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium onion, julienne
- 2 large green peppers, julienned
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1½ cups fresh tomato salsa
- 12 whole-wheat flour tortillas (10 inch diameter)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Lightly sauté onion and peppers.
- Cut avocado into 12 slices.
- Warm tortillas in oven; layer peppers, onions, one avocado slice, and salsa.
- Fold tortillas to enclose the filling and serve.