Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- chicken stock - as needed, about 1½ gallons
- 2 cups chopped shallot
- ⅔ cups olive oil
- 9⅔ cups arborio rice
- 2 cups dry white wine
- salt - as needed
- 2⅔ cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ cup chopped parsley, basil or cilantro
- freshly ground white pepper - as needed
- herb sprigs - as needed for garnish
- 2 California avocados
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
Avocado salsa Edit
- 8 California avocados (4 pounds), cut into ⅜-inch dice
- 1½ pounds tomatoes, diced (⅜-inch) and drained
- 6 ounces (1½ cups) green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ tablespoon salt or to taste
- Bring stock to a simmer; keep hot over low heat.
- Meanwhile, sauté shallot in olive oil until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, sauté, stirring constantly, until outer covering is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine; cook until almost all wine has evaporated.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon salt.
- Stir about 1 cup simmering stock into rice until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Continue stirring in stock 1 cup at a time, until risotto has cooked 12 minutes.
- Do not add stock the last 2 or 3 minutes; risotto must have almost no liquid when it reaches the 12-minute mark.
- Immediately turn risotto out on an oiled sheet pan, spreading ½-inch thick; cool.
- Cool remaining stock; reserve for per-order preparation.
- Risotto can be made up to 1 day ahead; store, tightly covered, refrigerated.
Just before service Edit
Per order Edit
- Heat ¾ cup prepared risotto, stirring in ⅓ cup simmering stock, until risotto is creamy but rice grains remain al dente.
- Add additional stock by the tablespoon as needed to reach correct consistency.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese, ½ tablespoon chopped herb, pepper to taste, additional salt (if necessary), then ½ cup avocado salsa.
- Serve in a heated pasta bowl.
- Garnish with 2 slices avocado and herb sprigs.