Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Alternative flavored pesto sauce for pastas and rice. This is a fairly light vegetarian dish.
- 1 medium avocados
- ⅓ cups virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- pepper to taste (cayenne or freshly ground black)
- ⅓ cups romano/parmesan cheeses, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp lime juice or undistilled cider vinegar
- water to bring to a cream-like consistency
- Prepare favorite pasta or rice.
- Process sauce shortly before serving.
- Split avocado, remove pit and scoop flesh with a spoon.
- Place in blender or food processor along with other ingredients. Purée.
- Put puree in a large pan and bring up the heat slowly.
- Add water as needed to give the sauce a cream-like consistency.
- Before sauce begins to boil add pasta or rice and fold together.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately on warmed plates.