- Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large California avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed (or enough to equal 1 cup)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Mix together flour, sugar, orange rind, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add avocado, egg, buttermilk and lemon juice; stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into well-greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- bake in 350°F oven for 50 – 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.