Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Copyright Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger (The Border Girls)
- 8 tomatillos, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded
- juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons)
- juice of 1 orange (½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 or 2 ripe California avocados, peeled and seeded
- Combine the tomatillos, jalapeños, lime and orange juices, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon or two of ice water in a blender or food processor.
- Purée until smooth.
- Add the avocados and purée briefly, just until smooth.
- Add orange juice to thin if necessary.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (144 g-wt.):
- 130 calories (90 from fat) | 10g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 5g dietary fiber | 2g protein | 11g carbohydrate | 0mg cholesterol | 390mg sodium