Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Copyright Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger (The Border Girls)
- 8 tomatillos, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded
- juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons)
- juice of 1 orange (½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 or 2 ripe California avocados, peeled and seeded
- Combine the tomatillos, jalapeños, lime and orange juices, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon or two of ice water in a blender or food processor.
- Purée until smooth.
- Add the avocados and purée briefly, just until smooth.
- Add orange juice to thin if necessary.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (144 g-wt.):
- 130 calories (90 from fat) | 10g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 5g dietary fiber | 2g protein | 11g carbohydrate | 0mg cholesterol | 390mg sodium