- 1 quart heavy cream
- large pinch of saffron threads, toasted and ground
- salt, as needed
- freshly ground white pepper, as needed
- 2 pounds and 4 ounces shrimp (36 to 40 count), peeled, deveined, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 2 pounds and 4 ounces scallops, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 1 ½ oz dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 12 California avocados (about 6 lbs.)
- white sesame seeds, toasted, as needed
- black sesame seeds, toasted, as needed
- 36 flat leaf parsley or chervil sprigs
- Reduce cream by one quarter, about 10 minutes; stir in saffron.
- Lightly season to taste with salt and pepper; strain.
- Mix seafood with tomato and dill; reserve.
- Just before service, fold in ½ cup lemon juice or to taste.
- Per order: peel, halve, and seed 1 avocado.
- Thinly slice each half lengthwise; brush slices with lemon juice.
- On a serving plate, overlap avocado slices in a circle, forming a nest.
- Fill nest with ¾ cup (5 ounces) seafood mixture.
- Pour ¼ cup saffron sauce around nest.
- garnish with black and white sesame seeds and 3 sprigs of parsley.