- ¾ cup garlic mayonnaise (aioli)
- firm white sandwich bread - 24 slices
- 3 pounds California avocados, sliced
- 3 pounds roasted chicken or turkey, sliced (48 1-ounce slices)
- 1 ½ pounds pepper jack cheese, sliced (24 1-ounce slices)
- 16 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- unsalted butter - as needed
- 3 cups fresh fruit salsa of choice
- 12 fresh cilantro sprigs
- Spread ½ tablespoon garlic mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- Cover 12 slices of bread with avocado slices; top each with 2 slices of chicken or turkey and 1 slice cheese.
- Cover each with a remaining slice of bread, spread-side down; diagonally cut each in half.
- Beat together egg, milk and salt; reserve.