Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Measurements in brackets are for a larger recipe
- 1 cup (2 cups) finely chopped onion
- ½ cup (2 cups) finely diced celery
- ½ cup (1⅓ cups) chopped leek (white only)
- 1 clove (1 tbsp) garlic, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp (6 oz) unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp (1½ cups) flour
- 6 cups (1½ gallons) chicken broth, divided
- 3 (12) California avocados
- 2 tbsp (½ cup) chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp (¾ cup or to taste) fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- crème fraîche or sour cream as needed for garnish
- roasted pimento or red bell pepper, julienned, as needed for garnish
- Saute onion, celery, leek and garlic until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour until smooth; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Whisk in broth; simmer until vegetables are very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree avocado with some broth in a food processor or blender.
- When vegetables are done, stir in avocado; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide soup among warmed soup bowls.
- Garnish each with a dollop of crème fraîche and a few strips of pimento.