Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Unbelievably delicious, there is nothing in the world quite like this!
- oil for frying
- 2 California avocados (just beginning to ripen)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp each, cumin, coriander, salt and white pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 chipotle pepper, in adobo sauce, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- For ketchup, heat olive oil in saucepan and saute onion and garlic for 6 minutes.
- Add chipotle pepper and tomatoes, cooking over low for 5 minutes.
- Add spices, vinegar and brown sugar, simmer for 8 minutes.
- Puree in food processor, add salt to taste.
- Heat oil to 350°F in deep fryer.
- Cut avocado in half, remove seed, quarter each half, gently peel skin away.
- Combine flour, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in flat bowl.
- Put panko in another flat bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs and milk, and put in yet another flat bowl.
- Dredge avocados slices in flour, then egg mixture, coat with panko.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with chipotle ketchup.