Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup broad flat green noodles
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2¼ cups half-and-half
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup roasted peeled and coarsely chopped fresh chilies
- Prepare noodles according to package directions then drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drizzle avocado slices with lime juice and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat then stir in flour, salt and Tabasco sauce over low heat until mixture bubbles then add half-and-half slowly stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it has melted.
- Reserve 1 cup of this sauce.
- Mix remainder with cooked noodles.
- Place chicken in bottom of rectangular baking dish then cover with chopped green chilies.
- Spoon noodle mixture over chicken and chilies and place avocado slices on top and pour reserved sauce over avocados.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.