This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup broad flat green noodles
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2¼ cups half-and-half
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup roasted peeled and coarsely chopped fresh chilies
- Prepare noodles according to package directions then drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drizzle avocado slices with lime juice and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat then stir in flour, salt and Tabasco sauce over low heat until mixture bubbles then add half-and-half slowly stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it has melted.
- Reserve 1 cup of this sauce.
- Mix remainder with cooked noodles.
- Place chicken in bottom of rectangular baking dish then cover with chopped green chilies.
- Spoon noodle mixture over chicken and chilies and place avocado slices on top and pour reserved sauce over avocados.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.