- 3 cups diced red bell pepper
- 3 cups diced green bell pepper
- 2½ cups chopped onion
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 48 large eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 4 pounds California avocados
- ⅓ cups lemon juice
- 24 flour tortillas, 11-inch
Just before service Edit
- Sauté bell pepper and onion in 2 ounces butter until soft, about 5 minutes; reserve.
- Beat eggs with salt; reserve
- Cut avocado in ¼-inch dice; toss gently with lemon juice; reserve.
Per order Edit
- Warm tortilla.
- Heat ½ tablespoon butter in small frying pan.
- Ladle ½ cup egg into pan.
- Gently stir in ¼ cup reserved bell pepper mixture and ⅓ cup reserved avocado.
- Stir gently over medium-low heat until soft curds form, about 2 minutes.
- Put egg mixture down the center of the warmed tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold in top and bottom; roll up from side.