- In blender or food processor, combine the following eight ingredients, avocado, olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise, blackberries, garlic and kosher salt, and blend.
- Pour into salad dressing jar.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare avocados, tomatoes, onions, lemons and limes, set aside.
- Keep chilled until ready to plate.
- In 10 inch iron or heavy skillet, heat 2 tb oil until very hot.
- Test with drop of water, if this sizzles, the skillet is ready.
- In meantime, combine all the ground peppers or you can use a commercial blend of cajun or blackened seasoning.
- Cut salmon fillets in four equal pieces, and drizzle fresh lemon juice over each piece.
- Coat each piece of salmon with the blackened seasoning.
- Place each piece gently into skillet and sear on each side for 3 or 4 minutes or until flaky by testing with fork.
- Toss dressing on baby lettuce leaves to coat.
- Divide tossed salad equally on four, chilled glass salad plates, then top each salad with one salmon filet arrange onion rings on top of fillets.
- Garnish each plate with equal amounts of sliced avocado, tomatoes and hard cooked eggs (if used), alternating the slices.
- Place remaining fresh blackberries, quartered lemon and lime on each plate and sprinkle paprika for final burst of color.
- Serve immediately.
- Fresh sweet blackberries work the best for this recipe, however frozen whole ones can be subsisted, make sure you drain them well.
- If you find your fresh blackberries are not as sweet as you prefer, sprinkle with sugar to taste before blending in salad dressing.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.