Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 10½ oz all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 California avocados, ¼-inch dice
- Creole mustard-apricot sauce (recipe follows)
Creole mustard-apricot sauce Edit
- Mix dry ingredients; reserve.
- Beat egg yolks until light; whisk in milk and next 4 ingredients.
- Stir in dry ingredients until just mixed; if batter is too thick, thin with additional milk.
- Let batter rest in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Gently fold in avocado; reserve.
- Whip egg whites until stiff; fold into avocado mixture.
- Per order: drop 6 generous spoonfuls of batter, one at a time, into 375°F oil; cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with ¼ cup Creole mustard-apricot sauce on the side.