- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
- 1/2 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into 3?4-inch dice (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 ripe medium avocados, cut into 3/4-inch dice (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 large head Boston lettuce, torn into large pieces (8 cups)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced diagonally (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped cilantro
- In medium nonmetallic bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add tomatoes, avocados, scallions and garlic. Using rubber spatula, gently fold to combine. Season to taste with pepper.
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, cumin, remaining tablespoon lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add lettuce and toss. Season to taste with pepper. Divide lettuce among plates. Top each with mound of avocado mixture. Top with cucumber slices, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.