Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/3 Cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 Cups Sugar
- 4 ½ Tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 3 Finely chopped garlic cloves
- salt - as needed
- 2 ¾ Cups olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 12 bay leaves
- 6 Pounds Peeled and deveined rock Shrimp
- 3 Cups Finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 Cups Thinly sliced green onion
- ¾ Cup Chopped cilantro
- 2 ½ Pounds orange sections
- 3 Pounds Ruby grapefruit sections
- 6 Pounds California avocados
- Crisp fried thin blue tortilla chips -- as needed for garnish
- Whisk together lemon juice, Sugar, hot sauce, garlic and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Whisk in oil; reserve.
- Stir 2 tablespoons salt, cayenne pepper and bay leaves into 1-1/2 gallons water.
- Bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the Shrimp.
- Cook Shrimp until just pink and opaque, about 1 minute.
- Spread on a sheet pan to cool. Do not refresh in cold water;
- The peeled rock Shrimp will absorb water quickly. Chill.
- Toss Shrimp with 1-3/4 cups reserved lemon dressing.
- Fold in bell pepper, Onion and cilantro.
- Add more salt to taste, if necessary.
- Mound 3/4 cup Shrimp salad on one side of the plate.
- Slice 1/2 avocado thinly.
- With a spatula, put it opposite Shrimp, almost touching; press lightly to fan it out lengthwise toward the Shrimp.
- Arrange 5 orange and 5 grapefruit segments on either side of the avocado and Shrimp salad.
- Drizzle the plate with 1 tablespoon reserved dressing.
- Garnish plate with tortilla strips.