Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Madras Style Vegetables
- 1/2 cup green peas, thawed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 green plantain, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup green beans, French cut
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup ground coconut
- 6 green chilies, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a large saucepan combine the Peas, carrots, Squash, plantain, bell peppers, beans, turmeric and curry leaves.
- Add a cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer partially covered until vegetables are tender and have absorbed all the liquid (10 minutes).
- Do not let the vegetables get too mushy. The slight crunch of the vegetables adds to the flavor of the dish.
- In a bowl whisk the yogurt and set aside.
- In a blender mix the coconut, chilies and cumin seeds into a paste using very little water.
- Add this to the yogurt and mix the salt into this seasoned yogurt.
- Add to the cooked vegetables in the pan. Sprinkle the coconut oil and mix well taking care not to break the vegetables.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat until the mixture is warmed through. Serve hot.