Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Avgolemeno (Greek Egg & Lemon Soup) from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, US government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- In a large saucepan, combine stock, water and corn starch and bring to boiling.
- Stir in rice and cook, uncovered for 20–25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk lemon juice and eggs in a medium bowl then gradually stir into soup and cook for 2 minutes then serve.