Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Avanti bread is a cross between Italian bread and sweet bread made by hand so it can't be found anywhere else. This bread is soooo good!!
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Mix oil, eggs, salt and sugar together till blended.
- Add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Knead till smooth and elastic.
- Let rise till doubled, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Repeat the kneading and rising.
- Punch down.
- Cut dough into 2 pieces.
- Let rise, covered for 10 minutes.
- Shape into 2 oblong loaves, about 14 inches long.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Cover: let rise again, about 50 – 60 minutes.
- Cut slash down middle of bread or 3 slashes diagonally on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.