Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 cup diced sweet potato (½" pieces)
- 1 cup diced butternut squash (½" pieces)
- 1½ cup cooked/canned butter beans (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup chopped cranberries
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa by placing it in a large bowl and filling the bowl with cold water.
- Drain the quinoa and repeat the rinsing and draining 4 more times; set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and ginger, and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the orange juice, water, honey, salt, coriander, cardamom, and nutmeg; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the sweet potato and squash; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, 7 minutes.
- Stir in the butter beans and quinoa, and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries; simmer, covered, 5 minutes longer.