Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4 – 6
- 4 – 5 cups cooked grain
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small onions (or substitute with leeks or scallions)
- 6 cups trimmed and chopped vegetables such as: red or green peppers, mushrooms, zucchini
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- minced fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, oregano
- Cook grains or use leftover grains.
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, coat with oil and continue to sauté until just tender.
- Add tomatoes and sauté.
- Increase heat to cook away excess liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine grain, vegetables, cheese, eggs and herbs.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 9x9 inch casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per Serving (244 g-wt.):
- 210 calories (50 from fat) | 6g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 2g dietary fiber | 6g protein | 34g carbohydrate | 50mg cholesterol | 210mg sodium