Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Autumn Chowder by the New Jersey Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2½ cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups corn, cooked and cut from the cob
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, potatoes, and carrots. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in milk, corn, pepper, and salt, and heat until simmering.
- Mix cheese and flour and add to soup mixture, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.