Autumn Chowder by the New Jersey Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2½ cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups corn, cooked and cut from the cob
- Heat oil in a dutch oven. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, potatoes, and carrots. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in milk, corn, pepper, and salt, and heat until simmering.
- Mix cheese and flour and add to soup mixture, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.