Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Poultry Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 cut-up chicken or 4 quarters
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1¾ cups low sodium chicken broth, warm
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 6 Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup applesauce
- Spray large dutch oven with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium high;
- Add chicken and cook, browning all sides, for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Spread Dijon over chicken pieces; add warm broth, vinegar, cloves and carrots; bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes.
- Add apples, cook 5 minutes, then add cabbage, stirring into liquid.
- Cook covered about 10 minutes or until fork enters chicken easily.
- Remove chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon to a warm serving bowl.
- Stir applesauce into liquid and boil for 5 minutes and pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Serve with rice, if desired.