Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An Indonesian classic.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bonito flakes (available at most Asian markets)
- ½ box cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 6 ice cubes
- 6 green onions
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 16 serrano chilis (Indonesians like it hot!)
- 1 liter sake (rice wine)
- In large pot, add bonito flakes to the boiling water.
- Let cook for 4 minutes (no more, no less) on high flame, then remove from heat.
- Remove bonito flakes with slotted spoon.
- Return pot to high flame and let boil for 1 hour to reduce.
- Reduce flame to medium, and add eggs without shells.
- After 1 minute, add one ice cube.
- Wait one minute, and add another ice cube, and continue until ice cubes are gone.
- Remove from heat and add cornstarch.
- In separate pan, heat 1 cup vegetable oil, and add sliced green onions, carrots, and sliced chilis.
- Saute for 16 minutes.
- Combine this mixture with the broth and heat on medium flame for 16 minutes.
- Heat ⅛ of sake at a time in microwave on med-high heat for 1 minute.
- Drink sake with trisole and make a wish to good health! goes well with Indonesian bean cakes.