Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bilkers Estate in Cleburne, Texas in 1983.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons soft butter
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder[
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- additional powdered sugar
- Grease two small bundt pans.
- Sprinkle with fine breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time then stir in milk.
- Sift flour with baking powder then carefully fold into creamed mixture.
- Divide batter into 2 equal portions.
- Divide 1 portion between prepared pans.
- Sift cocoa and powdered sugar together and fold into remaining portion.
- Divide chocolate portion between both pans.
- Lightly blend both mixtures in pans by swirling carefully with a skewer or knife.
- Bake 1 hour then remove cakes from pans and cool on a rack.
- Sift additional powdered sugar over cooled cakes.