Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 3 large servings
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine (or oil,or lard)
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1½ pint water
- 3½ tsp Knorr beef flavor consommé mix (or similar bouillon powder or cubes)
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 cups (approx.) broccoli or cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes puffy.
- Add water, bouillon powder, onions, potatoes and carrots.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are almost done (about 5 to 6 minutes).
- Add broccoli and return to boil.
- Simmer for another minute.